You’re invited to a Google + Hangout with author Peter Hubbard on Tuesday, July 2 at 7pm Central. We’ll be discussing the Defense of Marriage Act ruling, the end of Exodus International and Peter’s new book, Love Into Light: The Gospel, The Homosexual and The Church.
Could God use one of the most controversial moral issues in our nation to awaken His church rather than damage it? Pastor Peter Hubbard believes He can. In his new book Love Into Light: The Gospel, The Homosexual and The Church Hubbard asks “How can Christians live in a culture that promotes the gay lifestyle, yet worship in a culture that never talks about it– other than possibly to condemn it?”
Love Into Light seeks to inject the cultural conversation with the same love and truth that Jesus offers. For those that see homosexuality as somehow worse than other sins, Hubbard offers clarity through his real-life counseling examples and scripture, explaining that self-righteous judgment of homosexuality is a sin just like homosexual behavior itself. “If our attitude toward a gay or lesbian person is disgust, we have forgotten the gospel,” says Hubbard. And for those who feel the Bible is an outdated resource on the topic, Hubbard argues its relevance.
Planning on joining us live? Here are some suggested actions:
Today (Mon, July 1):
1. RSVP on the Google+ event page (click “Yes” by “Are you Going?”)
2. Invite your friends/circles to the event (pretty please?).
3. Enter the giveaway at the bottom of this page. The winners will be announced on the Hangout.
Tomorrow (Tue, July 2):
4. Pick up a copy of Peter’s book “Love into Light” at a discounted rate. It’ll be the first post on the main page tomorrow.
5. Visit the main page of Gospel eBooks just before 7pm central and there will be a live Youtube video embedded in a post for you to watch the Hangout.
6. Visit the Google+ event page in a separate window just before the Hangout starts. That’s where you can comment live, chat with others and ask Peter your questions.